Thursday 28 August 2008

Happiness is to be present in the present

Reza Hossein Borr

Life is now, yet, I wait for it to come. Life is now, yet, I wait for happiness to come later. And later never ends. I decided, therefore, that later is now and life is now to enjoy right now, not later.

When you go in the past you lose the present. When you go in the future you also lose the present. And your life is only present in the present. You do not know how long your life will be present in future. But you know that you are in now and today; and what you make of it now is how you make life. Stay in the present but look at the past. Stay in the present but look to the future. This is the only way that you will not lose even a moment of time. If you live in the past your present will look like the past. The value of life is now and how you live it. What you are doing in this moment and how you feel now, is your life.

How your moments are now, is how you live. Your living is decided by the way you feel. If you can master the art of feeling well you can master the art of living well. Life is feeling. Feeling is life. When you feel well, you live well.

Life is now if you know what is now. What was now earlier is past now and it is gone beyond control now. Enjoy now when it is now. When what is now becomes the past and when you remember that past, you got to have some pleasant feelings in your body that your past was worthwhile.

When I remember yesterday I am glad that I remember it because I lived in the way I wanted to live it. I did what I wanted to do. And I talked to those people that I liked to talk. Even when it was yesterday, I remember the day before it and I was glad to remember it because that day too was what I made it. But it took me a long time to realise that what I do to my days I will recall later and when I recall them, I want to feel good about them.

Recently I found a friend from the days of my university. When we talked together I remember a lot of pleasant memories and therefore I know how good it is to have pleasant moments in my life. We talked about what we did together. We talked about the places that we went together and we talked about the way we laughed and how we walked under the rain. I am glad that I knew how to live at that time to have such pleasant moments to recall now.

I love to recall yesterday because I feel good about playing with my grandchild. Playing with him was wonderful. I recall that when I was as old as he is now I enjoyed life the way he is enjoying it now. At that time my grandfather made it possible for me to enjoy life and today I make life enjoyable for my grandchild so that he continues this tradition of making life good and pleasant for himself and for the new generations. Teaching myself and him how to be happy is a legacy that I want live for my coming generations so that they learn from me how to become happy and how to teach their children the legacy of happiness.

I love to have a great future but a great future will not be made by a poor present. To make, therefore, my future great, I am determined to make my present as great as I want my future to become.

Reza Hossein Borr is an NLP Master Trainer and a leadership consultant and the creator of 150 CDs and 14 Change management models. He is also the author of Manual Success, Manual of Coaching and Mentoring, Motivational Stories that Can Change Your Life, and a New Vision for the Islamic World. He can be contacted by email: www.sarawani@aol.com www.rezaaa.com

No comments: